As part of Song Summit, Screen Summit will provide specialist sessions focussing on the challenges of composing for Film & TV, advertising, synch and games.
Screen Summit speakers include:
- Gary Calamar: five time Grammy nominated Music Supervisor, known for his work on the TV series True Blood, Dexter and Six Feet Under
- Stephan Schütze: Games Composer and Sound Designer (Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis and The Polar Express)
- Kim Green: Independent Music Supervisor (Red Dog, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Shine and Happy Feet 2)
- Burkhard Dallwitz: Golden Globe winner for Best Original Score in a Motion Picture (The Truman Show)
- Linda Tizard: Managing Director of Audio Network Australia
- Art Phillips: Multi-award winning composer, music producer and orchestrator
- Les Gock: ARIA Award winning music and sound designer
- Vince Bannon: VP, Entertainment Partnerships and Development (Getty Images)
- Craig Beck: musician, composer, producer, sound engineer
- Matt Bird: Multi-award winning film director (Cold Sore)
- Jared Underwood: Tropfest-winning film scorer
- Michael Laverty: Managing Director of Tropfest
- Gary Gross: Head of Universal Publishing Production Music
- Amanda Brown: Musician in The Go-Betweens and multi award-winning film composer
Screen Summit Sessions
Song Summit program is not final and is subject to change.
Saturday 26th May
|1:30pm – 2:30pm||Tropfest
Hear from directors and composers about the always-challenging process of composing for the screen in this exclusive panel session.
|3:00pm – 4:00pm||Score Coaching
This session will look at different approaches to scoring music for film and television. Come and get tips from three masters of this art.
Sunday 27th May
|1:30pm – 2:30pm||Synch It Production Style
Do you have what it takes to compose music for Production Music libraries? This can be a lucrative revenue stream, particularly in the expanding media environment. Hear from those that are hard at work from both sides of the business.
|3:00pm – 4:00pm||Games, Games, Games
Games technology is constantly evolving, and keeping up is part of the challenge when trying to determine how you can get your music into this growing market. We’ve got some experts to give you advice on the future trends of gaming.
Monday 28th May
|1:20pm – 2:20pm||Pitch Session
Join International and local music supervisors and composers to learn more about the art of “The Pitch”.