Sydney Convention Centre, 26-28 May 2012
Grammy Award -winner Imogen Heap, legendary guitarist Steve ‘The Colonel’ Cropper and Australia’s own Guy Sebastian are just some of the acclaimed artists appearing at Song Summit 2012, Australia’s premiere music industry conference, to be held in Sydney next year as part of Vivid Sydney.
Launched by APRA|AMCOS and the NSW Government through Destination NSW, the three-day Song Summit 2012 conference is a major creative, business-development and networking expo for the music industry – and will be held at the Sydney Convention Centre 26 -28 May, 2012.
Now in its third year, the Song Summit program includes live performances by international and local talent as well as workshops, conferences, showcases and networking opportunities designed to provide local songwriters with educational support and networking and business opportunities to help further their musical careers.
At the launch, which coincided with the Dave Stewart In Conversation event in Sydney today, APRA|AMCOS Head of Member Services Sally Howland, said that Song Summit 2012 would be a wonderful opportunity for local artists to meet and learn from some of the legends of the music business.
“APRA|AMCOS has confirmed an incredible speaker line-up for Song Summit 2012. Today’s speaker announcement is just a glimpse of what the conference will have to offer,” Ms Howland said.
“APRA has a proud history of building communities through our creative and business networks and this continues to be central to the aspirations of Song Summit.
“The program we have developed is dedicated to our local music creators, providing them with access to professionals in the global music business as well as giving them the opportunity to develop their creative and business prospects.”
In 2012, Song Summit is proud to present:
- Andrew Jenkins (UK): Universal Music Publishing UK
- Arnthor Birgisson (SWE): Acclaimed songwriter & producer
- David Touve (US): Assistant Professor of Business within the Williams School of Commerce, Economics & Politics, Washington and Lee University
- Gary Calamar (US): 5 time Grammy nominated Music supervisor known for his work on the TV series True Blood, Dexter and Six Feet Under
- Imogen Heap (UK): Grammy Award winning singer
- Mark Wood (UK): Director, Radius Music Management
- Myles Keller (UK): Membership Development Director, PRS for Music
- Pat Pattison (US): Music Professor at International Music School Berklee Music
- Peter Coquillard (US): Nettwerk Publishing Director
- Robert Horsfall (UK): Entertainment industry lawyer
- Steve Cropper (US): International songwriter and legendary guitarist
- Bill Cullen: Director, One Louder Entertainment
- Catherine Haridy: Director, Catherine Haridy Music
- Dann Hume : Member of Evermore
- Graham Ashton: Director, Footstomp Music
- Guy Sebastian: ARIA & APRA Award winning artist
- Jake Stone: Member of Bluejuice
- Jim Moginie: Founding member of Midnight Oil
- Kev Carmody: Singer Songwriter
- Kevin Mitchell: Member of Jebediah
- P Money (NZ): Hip Hop DJ & producer
- Rob Hirst: Founding member of Midnight Oil
- Rob Conley: Prolific Australian songwriter
- Stav Yiannoukas: Member of Bluejuice
- Tom Harris: Director, White Sky
- Will Larnach Jones: Music Manager, Parallel Management
As well as the main conference program, Song Summit 2012 will also include a number of specialised programs designed to appeal to specific sectors within the music industry. Returning in 2012 will be a Music Market, Song Summit LIVE, Backstage Pass, Screen Summit & a new addition, Publisher Summit.
Details of the program will be announced closer to registration which will open February 2012. More details can be found at Song Summit’s official website, www.songsummit.com.au
As in 2010, Song Summit is part of Vivid Sydney, a unique annual event of light, music and ideas running from the 25 May – 11 June 2012.
Thanks to our partners and sponsors of Song Summit 2012. A full list of sponsors can be found on the Song Summit website, www.songsummit.com.au/partners-sponsors