With registration for SONG SUMMIT 2012 now open, APRA|AMCOS is proud to announce further speakers who will take part in the three-day creative, business-development and networking expo.
Now in its third iteration, Australia’s premiere music industry conference will be held at the Sydney Convention Centre 26 -28 May 2012 as part of Vivid Sydney. The Song Summit program includes live performances by international and local talent as well as workshops, conferences, showcases and networking opportunities designed to provide local songwriters with educational support. Put simply, SONG SUMMIT is a wonderful opportunity for local artists to meet and learn from some of the legends of the music business including the likes of already-announced guest speakers Steve Cropper, Gary Calamar, Imogen Heap, Kev Carmody, Guy Sebastian and Kevin Mitchell.
In 2012, Song Summit is proud to present further Australian and International speakers:
New Song Summit 2012 Guest Speakers:
- Adam Argyle, songwriter (UK)
- Dave Batty, Custom Made (The Jezebels manager)
- Rick Chen, change maker, co-founder Pozible
- Erana Clark, singer, songwriter & vocal coach
- Jen Cloher, singer, songwriter and director of I Manage My Music
- Stu Crichton, songwriter
- Mick Daley, singer & songwriter The Re-Mains
- Brendan Gallagher, singer & songwriter
- Peter Farnan, singer & songwriter Boom Crash Opera
- Marc Fennell, The Movie Guy
- Phil Graham, QUT (Queensland University of Technology)
- Lee Groves, producer / writer / mixer and programmer
- Paul Kelly, prolific singer & songwriter
- Tim Levinson, producer & musician and APRA Ambassador
- Lior, singer & songwriter and APRA Ambassador
- Abbe May, singer & songwriter
- Eric McCusker, songwriter, singer & musician
- Peter Northcote, musician and composer
- Stephen Navin, Music Publishers Association (UK)
- Shelly Peiken, multi-platinum Grammy-nominated songwriter (US)
- Josh Pyke, singer & songwriter
- Melinda Schneider, singer & songwriter and APRA Ambassador
- Stephan Schutze, sound designer & creator of Sound Library
- Rai Thistlethwayte, singer & songwriter Thirsty Merc and APRA Ambassador
- Joan Warner, Commercial Radio Australia
- Jonathan Zwartz, songwriter and musician and APRA Ambassador
As well as the main conference program, SONG SUMMIT 2012 will also include a number of specialised programs designed to appeal to specific sectors within the music industry. Returning in 2012 will be a Music Market, Song Summit LIVE, Backstage Pass, Screen Summit and a new addition, Publisher Summit.
In addition to providing local music creators with access to professionals in the global music business community, SONG SUMMIT 2012 will provide some wonderful ‘money can’t buy’ opportunities in the form of Play The Music (a chance for songwriters to perform within Song Summit Live) and Listen To The Music (a chance for songwriters to have their songs critiqued by music industry professionals).
Early Bird tickets are on sale NOW to the first 200 registrants
*For APRA Members Early Bird tickets are $280 for 3 days and $160 for 1 day
*Non APRA Members Early Bird tickets are $390 for 3 days and $220 for 1 day
For full registration and ticketing details including student concession options please visit Song Summit’s official website: www.songsummit.com.au
Stay tuned for further information on SONG SUMMIT 2012. This new list of speakers joins the previously-announced roll call for SONG SUMMIT 2012:
Andrew Jenkins (UK), Arnthor Birgisson (SWE), David Touve (US), Gary Calamar (US), Imogen Heap (UK), Mark Wood (UK), Myles Keller (UK), Pat Pattison (US), Peter Coquillard (US), Robert Horsfall (UK), Steve Cropper (US), Bill Cullen, Catherine Haridy, Dann Hume, Graham Ashton, Guy Sebastian, Jake Stone, Kev Carmody, Kevin Mitchell, P Money (NZ), Rob Conley, Stav Yiannoukas, Tom Harris and Will Larnach Jones. To read their bios please go to:www.songsummit.com.au
As in 2010, Song Summit is part of Vivid Sydney, a unique annual event of light, music and ideas running from the 25 May – 11 June 2012.
SONG SUMMIT 2012 is supported by triple j unearthed and Street Press Australia. Many thanks to our partners and sponsors of Song Summit 2012. A full list of sponsors can be found on the Song Summit website, www.songsummit.com.au/partners-sponsors